Nicolas Jaar is celebrated for his heady and precise electronic albums and for his inventive and eclectic DJ mixes. But on 2012-2017, Jaar uses the alias Against All Logic to indulge in the tactility and exuberance of house music without losing his ear for precision. On this episode of Critically Acclaimed, host Jake Ramirez and his former radio cohost/co-blogger DJ Sutton explore how Jaar’s intricate song construction style is evident even on the most danceable of tracks and discuss how to judge an album that both lacks an overt narrative and eschews typical pop structures.
- Nicolas Jaar – Essential Mix (Other People) | Soundcloud
- Album Review: A.A.L. (Against All Logic) – 2012 – 2017 | KEXP
- Nicolas Jaar Boiler Room NYC DJ Set at Clown & Sunset Takeover | Youtube
- A.A.L (Against All Logic): 2012-2017 | Pitchfork
- A.A.L (Against All Logic): 2012-2017 | The Needle Drop